Thursday, July 11, 2013

Job?



I just got offered a job.  

We had some curtains made and they hung them today.  The lady who made the curtains brought with her a friend from Quito who is here to set up a school to teach English.  I have heard that the government here is pushing the children, in particular, to learn English.  German speaks English fairly well, so we started talking.  He started, like so many do, teaching me Spanish, then asked if I would like to teach English.  

 I have not been looking for employment, so I have been kind of wondering what to do with the offer.  Teach English?  Me?  It makes me think of Phoebe’s teaching job in China.  It would be as beneficial for me as for the students, which range in age group from grade school age to college kids.  They teach me Spanish – I teach them English.  I think they will have to work a lot harder than me.  It is something to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment